HW Micklem 2 Deluxe Comp Bridle
HW Micklem 2 Deluxe Comp Bridle
- Size Guide
- Cleaning & Care
Combining comfort with design innovation, the Horseware Micklem® 2 Deluxe Competition Bridle offers show quality with outstanding performance for a tension-free experience.
This Micklem® Bridle alleviates pressure points often found in more traditional bridle designs by avoiding nerve trigger points around your horse's face. This beautiful hand-finished leather bridle alleviates pressure around the poll and ear area, paying close attention to the internal mouth and tongue harmony. Any risk of numbness or pain issues in the lower half of your horse's face is overcome via its distinctive configuration.
Unlike some low-fitting dropped nosebands, which can bring discomfort with breathing restrictions, this noseband is wider and incorporates soft padding within a unique design. Soft padding is a theme running throughout the bridle, with the headpiece, browband and cheekpieces offering a cushioned feeling in high-sensitivity areas. The bridle comes with tongue protection bit clips and two sets of bit straps for an adjustable experience. A fancy contrast stitch across the nose and browband finishes this stunning competition bridle.
An impressive bridle committed to giving your horse a tension-free experience while encouraging the horse to relax and focus - performance with peace of mind for the rider.
- PONY - 11.00 hands (103 cm) wide head to 14 hands (143 cm) small head
- SMALL HORSE - 14 hands (143 cm) wide head to 16.0 hands (163 cm) small head
- LARGE COB - 14 hands (143 cm) chunky head or big cheek bones to 16 hands (163 cm) chunky head or big cheek bones
- STANDARD HORSE - 16.00 hands (163 cm) wide head to 17.0 hands (173 cm) small head
- LARGE HORSE - 16.2 hands (168 cm) wide head onwards
- Before you use a new leather product for the first time, make sure you oil it thoroughly. Oiling tack makes it supple and prevents it from drying out and cracking or breaking during use. After an initial cleaning, follow regular wash instructions.
- Care for your leather regularly with a damp sponge and saddle soap to retain a soft, solid leather. It is essential for leather care and must be used liberally, always before hydrating the leather with a conditioner.
- Use warm water to dampen a sponge. Squeeze any excess water out of the sponge before using it. Wipe down all the pieces of the bridle to remove sweat, dirt and grease. Allow the leather to dry naturally before applying saddle soap. This will help to remove any stubborn dirt or grease left over.
- Pay particular attention to cleaning areas of your bridle that are typically under pressure during riding and exposed to saliva, such as bit straps, bottom back strap, and reins where they come in contact with bit.
- It is recommended that you regularly apply conditioner. Completely dismantle your bridle when applying conditioner and apply with a soft cloth or sponge. Apply the conditioner once you have cleaned your leatherwork with saddle soap.
- Once clean and dry, reassemble your bridle and loop reins through top back strap for storage.
- A climate-controlled environment is best for tack. Dry heat will make leather brittle, while humidity can cause it to mould and mildew.
- Storing your bridle in a fleece lined bridle bag will help prevent moisture.
Super Low Flat Rate Shipping within Australia ❤️ International Shipping available - rates shown at checkout! 🌟
Shop with confidence, hassle-free exchanges guaranteed. Not satisfied? Easily exchange it for something you'll love. Your satisfaction is our priority.