Rug & other Sizing Guides
For Horseware Ireland rugs, we recommend the following steps:
- Take a soft measuring tape
- Measure from the centre point of the chest (A), around the point of the shoulder, along the body, around the back leg to the centre of the tail (B)
- Take 10cm off the measurement you got.
- Check where this new number puts you under A to B on the table below
- If your horse is in between two sizes, we usually suggest going with the bigger size.
When fitting your rug, leave all tags attached, ensure your horse is super clean so that if you need an exchange you can return the rug in brand-new hair-free condition so it can be sold at RRP again.
Do up your surcingles to a hand's width from the belly - this allows room for the belly to expand during lying down or rolling but keeps the straps short enough to avoid toes catching a strap when getting up from lying down.
If you're considering a Brolga Turnout, there are adjustable front surcingles and we typically have used the same size in it as we do in our Horseware turnouts, but it's a more generous fit.
|RUG SIZE||MEASUREMENT FROM A TO B (IN CM)||MEASUREMENT FROM C TO D (IN CM)|
Amigo FlyRider Sizing: (also applies to Amigo Competition Sheets and Walker Rugs)