SandXPell is a complementary feedingstuff for horses which contains Psyllium Husk, a bulk forming fibre, and Linseed Oil. It is suitable for feeding as a nutritional adjunct to horses grazing on sandy soil, or horses spending significant time in sand arenas.
Horses maintained on sandy lands or short pastures are at risk of sand colic as they ingest the sand/dirt. If sand or soil becomes accumulated in the gastrointestinal tract it can cause impaction in the gut. With the inclusion of Psyllium Husk, SANDXPELL encourages motility of the gastrointestinal tract.
SandXPell contains Psyllium Husk:
- Psyllium Husk is primarily used to assist in the removal of accumulated sand in the intestinal tract.
- Psyllium Husk is high in soluble fibre, as a result when water is mixed with the mucilage and hemicellulose in psyllium if forms a slippery/slimy mass.
- Psyllium Husk acts as a sponge in the intestinal tract, absorbing water and waste material. This in turn results in the formation of a soft, bulky mass that passes through the colon faster.
- Psyllium Husk has a prebiotic effect, encouraging the growth of beneficial bacteria in the hindgut.
Instructions for Proper Use:
SandXPell should be added to the normal feed ration as follows:
- For Horses: Feed 70g twice daily for seven consecutive days each month.
- For Ponies, Yearlings and Weanlings: Feed 35g twice daily for seven consecutive days each month.
- Store in a cool dry place
- For animal consumption only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Contains: Psyllium Husk, Linseed Oil.